Only citizens from countries which have signed an Agreement or offer scholarships for Latvian students can apply for the Latvian government scholarships. See the section Signed Agreements.
Only students and academic staff of foreign HEIs are eligible for the Latvian scholarship for participation in summer schools.
Information on how to apply for the scholarship for participation in summer schools can be found on the website of the HEI organizing the summer school session. The web site will give details on all the necessary documents:
- Application form of the summer school;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Motivation letter;
- Photocopies of HEI-Diploma, including transcript, or transcript of records, if studies have not been finished yet.
- The application deadline for the summer schools is 1 May 2013.
- The application package has to be sent directly to the organizers of the summer schools with the following exceptions: Lithuanian, Estonian, Czech and Polish candidates have to send the dossiers to the competent authorities of their countries:
- The evaluation committee of VIAA takes the decision on granting of Latvian scholarships. The organizing HEI informs all scholarship candidates about the final granting decision in June.
The amount of the Latvian scholarship for summer school is LVL 500.
If the Latvian scholarship does not cover all expenses of the summer school, the scholarship holder has to pay the difference himself. The finances for scholarships will be transferred by VIAA to the summer school organizers, no money will be handed out to the Latvian scholarship winners. The participants of the summer schools have to cover travel expenses from the country of origin to the summer school location in Latvia themselves.
Please visit the website of the VIAA for useful links to information sources for foreign students in the Republic of Latvia.
Additional information on the scholarships granted by VIAA can be obtained in the International Cooperation Programme Unit, Management and External Cooperation Department, VIAA.
Ms Aija Jakovica,
Senior Specialist of the International Cooperation Programme Unit
Telephone: + 371 67814331, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Valsts izglītības attīstības aģentūra (VIAA, State Education Development Agency)
Vaļņu iela 1, Rīga LV-1050